Customer Reviews

Visitor Comments

All our customer reviews are taken from TripAdvisor. You can read more reviews or make your own by visiting our page by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Alternatively you can email us at and we will upload it for you.

"Lovely attraction - recommended"

Reviewed November 2017

"I visited the aviation centre with my 13 year old son. I was raised nearby so used to see and hear the Jet Provost aircraft all the time back in the day, so was looking forward to finding out a little more about them.

This is a really nice, small museum. There are several interactive exhibits to keep the children amused while the adults take in the permanent and changing displays. You obviously can't spend a whole day here but we'd recommend a visit, then take a picnic and sit on the end of the runway of nearby RAF Cranwell to do a bit of plane spotting."

"Unexpected treat"

Reviewed October 2017

"Had seen the signs off the A17 but had never been. Museum is in a small building on a farm. Inside was small but nicely laid out with many hands on exhibits. Currently there’s a temporary exhibition about airships at Cranwell and surrounding areas. All exhibits worked well, including a flight simulator for landing a Provost jet. Much focus is on Cranwell, which is very close by. Very informative with a very helpful lady who explained the layout of the museum. A small cafe is there with a gift shop. All in all, well worth a visit. And it’s free but well worth leaving a donation."

"For families and aviators alike!"

Reviewed September 2017

"Enough here for an hours visit with special things for kids to do. Nice café, very friendly staff and a C&C site right outside the door!"

Reviewed September 2017

"This a small museum but packed with interesting exhibits. At the time of our visit there was a special exhibition on early women aviators. Lots of hands-on items too, including a landing simulator. I managed to land in a field! Free entry too!"

"Worth a look"

Reviewed September 2017

"I took my 2 grandchildren aged 12 and 11 and both were fascinated by the exhibits. There are some really interesting things relating to the war ranging from the planes to personal letters from men on active duty to they're loved ones ! And of course to see a Lancaster taxiing at close
Quarters and the hear the roar of those engines is absolutely incredible !
Along with a very pleasant cafe and the cheap admission price makes this a must do if you are in the area!"

"Interesting small military aviation museum"

Reviewed August 2017

"Lots of interactive exhibits. Perfect for a family outing and interesting for adults as well. Small and well cared for by knowledgeable friendly staff. Definitely to go on the list of things to do especially if you have children with you and it's a dull rainy afternoon! There is a small caravan park on the same site."

"Great little museum"

Reviewed August 2017

"This is a great little museum for those interested in aviation. It is also interesting and small enough that even if you are not particularly enthusiastic about aviation there is enough to hold attention. The museum is free and there is a small drinks/ice cream area. Lots of the displays are interactive and both adults and children were trying them out. There are temporary exhibitions at the end and the current one is a celebration of female pilots. There is plenty to read around the museum but it is in large, clear font and is written to bring it to life. It was 40 minutes well spent."

"Good trip for RAF enthusiasts"

Reviewed August 2017

"We went after a recommendation from a friend, so pleased we did, lovely little museum for RAF Cranwell, very interesting and loads to see for a small venue. The volunteers are so knowledgeable and friendly, don't miss the real Jet Provist onsite, it's out the back so make sure you find it."

"Great little museum"

Reviewed August 2017

"Great small museum with interactive items. Loads of history about Cranwell and also women at war. Very knowledgeable volunteers. Well stocked shop. Also refreshments if required. Easy to park just off A17. Recommend."

"What a great place. Fab museum & a brilliant Jet Provost which actually runs its engines. You can go on a taxi ride. Excellent for kiddies & adults alike. Camping ground adjacent."

"Great little museum"

Reviewed July 2017

"We were en route to Norfolk and got stuck in traffic. It got to lunch time and we needed to stop and happened across this little museum. We stopped and started to have something to eat and one of the staff invited us to use the picnic area in the court yard. The staff were so helpful, especially with my Mum being in a wheel chair. Very interesting about the history the RAF college Cranwell. It was free entry but you can leave a donation, which we did because we were so impressed. Great to see local Councils funding this type of thing. Well worth stopping."

"Interesting find"

Reviewed June 2017

"I had been meaning to visit as I kept seeing the sign on the A17. Visited with a friend and found it enjoyable. There is the history of Cranwell and various interactive exhibits which make it more fun. Also the Jet Provost in the yard! The staff were friendly and helpful -definitely worth a stop-off!"

"Worth the stop"

Reviewed May 2017

"What a lovely museum. Staff were very helpful and informative. Great little activities. Not big but we still managed to stay an hour!"

"Small but interesting museum"

Reviewed May 2017

"Stopped by on the way to RAF Cranwell. It is a well maintained museum with a flight simulator and very interesting artefacts. Well worth stopping for."

"Well worth a couple of hours"

Reviewed April 2017

"Small but perfectly formed little museum opposite the airfield. Lots of interesting things to view, plenty of history, and a flight simulator to keep the older kids occupied. Aeroplane to look around outside. Shop for trinkets & small cafe facilities."

"Super Little Museum"

Reviewed April 2017

"Small but perfectly formed and free! Fascinating display on early female aviators. Lots of hands on stuff for kids. Very knowledgeable and friendly curator. Great little shop!"

"Great Museum"

Reviewed March 2017

"Packs a heck of a lot into a small museum. Very informative and interesting. Very easy to get too, right off the A17 at Cranwell."