Customer Reviews

Visitor Comments

All our customer reviews are taken from TripAdvisor. You can read more reviews or make your own by visiting our page by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Alternatively you can email us at cranwellaviation@n-kesteven.gov.uk and we will upload it for you.

"Great Museum"

Reviewed March 2017

"Packs a heck of a lot into a small museum. Very informative and interesting. Very easy to get too, right off the A17 at Cranwell."

"Small but very interesting"

Reviewed 23 October 2016

"Volunteer staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. Were made to feel welcome. In spite of it`s size there is lots to see and do for all the family."

"What's not to like?"

Reviewed 1 October 2016

"Great little place, you went spend hours there but the time you do is very cool. Very welcoming and nice interactive displays. Oh and it's freeeeeeee!"

"Small Heritage Centre, worth a visit"

Reviewed 13 September 2016

"Called in on their Summer Fun day, plenty going on and activities on for kids. Free admission so good to make a donation towards the upkeep of the place. A few activities inside so Ok if weather not to good. Refreshments available. Campsite at the centre as well so could make it a stopover location."

"Urgent little museum with enthusiastic helpers"

Reviewed 13 September 2016

"Crammed into such a small space, this museum is just off the A17 at South Raucby, and is full of fascinating aviation memorabilia. Very interactive exhibition pieces (including a flight simulator) which is great for kids and adults alike." 

"A must"

Reviewed 12 September 2016

"Visited the centre as part of the Heritage Open Day in September. Parking was good and it was easy to find - just follow the brown signs. Greeted by a very pleasant lady who gave us a brief history of the centre and then we had a look around. It has great interactive exhibits for children - and adults too! Yes it is small but has so much information and history on display about the airfield and the people who did their training there. You can purchase hot drinks and snacks and there are a couple of tables outside in the yard area. There is a small souvenir shop to purchase something to take home. Really enjoyed our visit and now we know its there we will be returning again in the future."

"For what it is, a great little museum"

Reviewed 4 September 2016

"I wouldn't drive just to see this but if you are passing it is well worth a stop. lots of interactive stuff for the kids and adults alike, a history of aviation in the area. there is also outside space for camping if you want to tie it in with other visits in the area. a nice little shop which is not overpriced. a great couple of hours."

"Just Passing"

Reviewed 15 May 2016

"Knew this museum was there but took a year to get around to popping in - useful information and some activities that were hand on - its quite small but packed with information and they are trying to build it and offer more - well worth a visit."

"Interesting little museum"

Reviewed 25 April 2016

"Great little museum just off A17 at Cranwell, packed full of interesting artefacts and items, knowledgeable volunteer staff."

"Excellent Discussion with Volunteer"

Reviewed 18 April 2016

"There isn't too much to see here, but if you are passing, it's worth about 30 minutes to get a feel for the background and history to the Cranwell flying school. Entry is free. There are a few flying based 'amusements', which will keep the kids happy, and very informative wall boards and videos. We got a major benefit in talking to the highly knowledgeable volunteer.
Whilst you are in the area, it's worth taking a drive through RAF Cranwell to see the actual flying school, which is close by and on a loop from the A17."

"A Hidden Gem"

Reviewed 5 April 2016

"Visited on Sunday, whilst en route to other aviation heritage sites and was frankly astounded by this site. The WW1 collection of uniforms and associated artefacts which filled at least three cabinets were stunning.
I spent the best part of an hour enjoying the multi-media presentations and static displays which cover life and aircraft at Cranwell as well as military aviation across Lincolnshire.
The volunteer staff, most of whom are former RAF, I found to be truly knowledgeable, friendly and above all did add real value to my visit.
Best of all admission is actually free.
I will certainly return to see their forthcoming 75th Whittle Anniversary Exhibition next month."

"Great Little Place Good for Kids as well"

5 of 5 starsReviewed February 2016

"Great place to visit lovely people good for young kids and adults alike with things for the kids to do while u can read and enjoy some of the more long written exhibits."

"A Small but Interesting Collection"

4 of 5 starsReviewed February 2016 

"A small exhibition run by a keen band of well informed volunteers. It has a pleasant informality. Well kept and enjoyable to visit"

"Cranwell Heritage Centre"

Reviewed 12 December 2015

"Situated just off the A17 before reaching the RAF Cranwell. Small but well laid out with plenty of information and interactive displays. Toilet available. Small shop and drinks from a vending machine. About an hour to savour the centre."

"Small but Perfectly Formed"

Reviewed 8 November 2015

!I visited last week, I have driven past it so many times and thought that I ought to go! While it's not vast, it is nicely laid out with well captioned and thoughtfully chosen exhibits. It is clearly very well cared for, everything was clean and tidy and the space is used to best effect. It really is worth a visit."

"A Must for Aviation History Enthusiasts"

Reviewed 1 September 2015

"A must for WWII aviation enthusiasts this small but well-curated exhibition tells the story of RAF Cranwell & the College from its early days as a Royal Naval Air Service base to the current day. Displays include artefacts, story boards, and interactive exhibits. Admission is free and there is plenty of parking. Events are organised throughout the year; we went on a Battle of Britain coach tour (pre-booked and there is a charge) which took us around some of the local airfield and landmarks with an aviation historian. We thoroughly enjoyed the day which included refreshments and time to explore the Heritage Centre."