Customer Reviews

If you have visited us before, we would be grateful if you could take the time to let us know what you thought. Your comments are important to us and we take note of your feedback and make changes wherever we can.

You can make a review on our TripAdvisor page by clicking on the link below or alternatively please email us at

Reviewed October 2017

"This is a unique building and luckily was saved from complete dereliction by a big grant. The building is a nice stone one with lovely window lintels, some of which are slightly crooked due to subsidence. There is some good displays well explained .Lots of different things about Sleaford are explained and some great historical photos. Sadly it was the coming of the railway put paid to water transport from the town. It is worth climbing the steep stairs to see upstairs exhibits, do not miss the piece of original wall paper at bottom of stairs."

"Very well worth a visit"

Reviewed July 2017

"Having visited the Sleaford Museum and had lunch, I had time on my hands so I decided to visit Navigation House. It's ANOTHER Gem tucked away just off Carre St. Navigation House was built in 1838 for the Sleaford Navigation Company. As the name suggests, their trade was on the regions rivers and canals and this is close to the waterway. Most of the exhibits relate in one way or another to the river, the canals and their infrastructure.

However, the displays also cover the people, the local trade that used and /or benefited from the waterways and also the town itself. Navigation House compliments the Sleaford Museum and it is well worth visiting both on the same day if you have time.

The building itself is interesting and is used thoughtfully in creating the displays. Gone are the days of dusty exhibits and dim lighting with 'Do Not Touch' notices (although some exhibits deserve to left along and all should be treated with respect.

Although on two floors, it is child friendly. There is a small sales area and you can even but an ice cream. I spent a few minutes chatting with the friendly and helpful lady at the entrance. Admission is free although donations are welcome."

"Fascinating Town History"

Reviewed April 2017

"Free Admission. Close to Town Centre. Well worth a visit - knowledgeable and witty staff (12/04/17) explained about the history of the town and how the old house (the Canal Superintendents Office) was rescued when derelict. Full of guides for Town and area, lots for adults and children to look at both downstairs and upstairs. Allow 1/2 hour to browse around and get a clear picture of why Sleaford was so rich between 1780 and 1870. Perfect place to start a guided walking tour of Sleaford."

"Good Local History"

Reviewed 25 October 2016

"This place really explains how it all worked in Sleaford during the Industrial Revolution to the early 20th Century."