Photo by MAGICAL MOMENTS PHOTOGRAPHY
We were formed in 1967 and began as a team of four playing on 15 Handbells. We now have a five octave set of Malmark Handbells (123 bells and a three octave set of belleplates). We are based in Grantham, Lincolnshire
Under their constitution the aims of the team are:
- To keep alive and further the British Traditional Art of Handbell Tune Ringing.
- To provide opportunities for the general public to see and hear this form of music making.
- To provide educational/hands on experience to young and old, through schools, youth clubs, societies, other activities, when requested to do so.
- To use skills learnt to raise funds for local and national charitable and good cause purposes.
- To hold a weekly practice session. Such sessions to be open to any member of the public wishing to experience this form of music making, without obligation.
At present there are 11 members.
We are Members of:
The Handbell Ringers of Great Britain Team No 142/EM www.hrgb.org.uk
Making Muisc www.makingmusic.org.uk